Some great finds over the last few days on SharePoint.
- 10 Best Intranets of 2013
Best intranets according to Nielsen group and 70% were hosted on SharePoint. Some nice other feature trends in there as well.
- Get-SPChopps | Fixing Incoming Email after Migration to SharePoint 2010
Great post by a newly discovered blogger called Jimmy Chopps who works at Rackspace thanks to Sean Wallbridge for pointing it out! Sounds like lots of fun with incoming email on upgrades!
- Darrin Bishop’s Blog – What’s New in Mobile for SharePoint 2013? (Part 1)
Nice overview by Darrin Bishop on Mobile stuff in SharePoint 2013. I saw him present this at SharePoint Live!…super knowledgeable on this stuff!
- No metadata? No problem! Custom entity extraction in SharePoint 2013 – Corey Roth [MVP]
Great overview by Corey Roth on entity extraction in search in SharePoint 2013. This is going to be super powerful if people put the effort in configuring it.
- Introducing the Content Search Web Part
Nice overview by SharePoint Product Team on content search web part.
- Using SPWebService.FileWriteChunkSize to turn off Shredded Storage in SharePoint 2013 RTM – Tales from a SharePoint farm
Nice overview of Shredded Storage and how to turn it off in FileWriteChunkSize and I agree that SPFileOperationSetting is a concern that it doesn’t work.
- Infographic of Microsoft Technologies – Betsy Aoki’s WebLog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs
SharePoint is on this diagram, but just shows complexities Microsoft has to keep up with!
- Why Administrators Will Love SharePoint 2013’s New App Model
A great write up by Sean on developers vs administrators in SharePoint 2013 and why the App Model may help and why it may not.
- Microsoft DevCamps
Free SharePoint / Office dev camp training across the globe…lots of locations…pretty great if you want to learn this stuff in a lab type environment in person.
- How Baked is it? SharePoint 2013 Hotfix Regression and Other Thoughts – SharePoint Joel’s SharePoint Land
The issue when using the Dec update for SharePoint 2013 concerned me after reading Todd’s findings, Joel has raised it in a post today pressuring product team to respond…interested to see outcome here…not sure right forum to do this.
- CJG : How Request Management Works in SharePoint 2013
Great review of new Request Management features in SharePoint 2013. Completely with him on the APIs being internal, real shame there.
- Autohosted SharePoint Apps Deep Dive – Part 1 ← Chaks’ Corner
Great write up by Chakkara Deep on Auto Hosted apps in SharePoint 2013. Not supported on-premises but very useful for Office 365 to take away pressure on you hosting a Provider hosted web source.
- SharePoint 2013 Shredded Storage Test Results « Talbott Crowell’s Software Development Blog
Nice write up by Talbott Crowell on Shredded Storage in SharePoint 2013 highlighting the storage optimization story…just remember the performance hit it gives you too…and sadly no way to switch it off in RTM!
- SharePoint 2013 Version Comparison Chart – SharePointEduTech
This chart will come in massively handy for lots of architects when they speak to customers who maybe playing with Foundation or Standard editions of SharePoint 2013 rather than Enterprise!
Really enjoying following Chris O’Brien’s posts as he builds out the app sampler pushing SharePoint 2013 hard!
- Configuring SharePoint 2013 Navigation to Span Site Collections | Navantis BlogNavantis Blog
Nice walk through of setting up global navigation with managed metadata by Chris Woodill. Still can’t believe it’s this much work to do and still has some gotchas.
- Upgrading a custom application to SharePoint 2013
Nice little walk through by Mark Jones on upgrading existing Full-Trust Solution Packages to SharePoint 2013 from SharePoint 2010.
- How to support multiple versions of SharePoint in a single Visual Studio solution
Great little tip from Mark on packing your stuff for both 2010 and 2013 from one VS instance.
Musings from a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft focusing on Azure App Serice pro developer platform.