- SharePoint Quick Poll App | SharePoint 2013
Nice write up on experience of building an poll app for SharePoint 2013 store.
- Cache Busting Using CssRegistration & ScriptLink in SharePoint 2010
Tom is a great brander to follow and helped massively on NothingButSharePoint.com, another good post by him on CSS bits.
- Taxonomy code samples from SPC!
Sample code posted in importing and exporting managed metadata between environments from the Product Group.
- Get Started Building SharePoint Apps in Minutes with LightSwitch – Beth Massi – Sharing the goodness – Site Home – MSDN Blogs
Still not entirely sure where LightSwitch fits with Access already there in SharePoint 2013. Think its one of these things where teams are siloed in Microsoft and things happen without others knowing. They seem awfully close in solution.
- SharePoint 2013 Search out-of-the-box rocks! ~ Microsoft..what else?
Nice overview of how search can seriously improve your experience in SharePoint in 2013! I for one am seeing the benefits in our own internal Intranet big time!
- Is Client Side Scripting a Good Way to Access SharePoint Data? » Marc D Anderson’s Blog
Great write up by Marc on client vs server side code. Obviously the new app model makes this even harder discussion to have too.
- Chris O’Brien: Using JSLink to change the UI of a SharePoint list/view
Great write up by Chris on using JSLink to change the UI, great example with accordion too.
- SP 2013: Some new DelegateControl additions to the SharePoint 2013 master pages | Tobias Zimmergren’s thoughts on development
Great write up by Tobias with pictures to show where you can tweak the UI!
- Randy Drisgill SharePoint Branding Blog Sticky Footers in SharePoint
internally at AvePoint, we were working on this just last week and had a similar implementation. Love how much Randy shares of his skills!
- SharePoint 2013 Ports, Proxies and Protocols – An Overview of Farm Communications – The SharePoint Guys – Site Home – MSDN Blogs
Great reference on protocols and ports and proxies used in SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint Apps – Logging | SharePoint 2013
Didn’t realize this was there, very useful for apps for sure!
- Governing and managing hybrid SharePoint environments
Great presentation by Randy Williams, my mate and colleague at AvePoint on hybrid environments in SharePoint.
- Revolutionalize your organization – Dux Raymond Sy
Great recording of a presentation Dux did this week. Showcases how SharePoint can help your organization collaborate
- Declarative provisioning of List Event Handlers in SharePoint 2013 – Waldek Mastykarz
I have been wondering about how you do this in apps, thanks to Waldek for the post
- Understanding metadata – practical spia book
You really need to see this live in person, but this presentation on metadata by Ruven Gotz is awesome! I highly recommend his book on the topic also.
Musings from a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft focusing on Azure App Serice pro developer platform.